Deadline for Submitted Applications: April 14, 2023
NEM 3.0 Deadline
What is NEM 3.0?
NEM 3.0 was voted on by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) on December 15, 2022. This decision cuts the savings from a new solar system by 75%. Utility customers have until April 14, 2023, to submit interconnection paperwork and be grandfathered into the existing NEM 2.0 rates.
What are the implications of the NEM 3.0 decision?
Currently, anyone with solar installed under NEM 1.0 and 2.0 will be locked in under the current benefits. However, any new solar system contract signed after April 14th will be subject to the new NEM 3.0 rate program - resulting in increased payback timelines and reduced solar credits earned.
How can NewGen help?
There’s still time to lock in your savings under the current NEM 2.0 policy. NewGen will submit a complete interconnection application for you before NEM 3.0 goes into effect on April 14,2023. NewGen will handle every step of the process including:
• Proposal and contract
• Single Line Diagram (SLD)
• Contractors State License Board disclosure (CSLB)
• Consumer protection guide
• Oversizing attestation (if applicable)
There is no obligation to build for up to 3 years. That means that by submitting the correct documentation by the deadline your project will still qualify for the current NEM 2.0 rates if or when you decide to build your new solar project.
Next steps to secure your NEM 2.0 Rates
- Contact us using the form below
- A NewGen Energy consultant will contact you to schedule a site survey
- NewGen will provide a solar proposal tailored to your needs and prepare all necessary documentation to lock in NEM 2.0 rates
- NewGen will submit all required documentation to lock in your rates and work with you to choose the right time to build your new solar system